Monday, April 02, 2012

Cover Crazy (49) - Dig





Cover Crazy is a weekly meme initially hosted by The Book Worms  on Mondays, but now its being hosted by Turning Pages, on Wednesdays.  Its a meme where the idea is to showcase a  beautiful book cover each week.  This week I'm crazy about.....










This one captured my attention because its quite different.  I like the back lighted background.  It really gives the cover an angelic feel.  If I was a betting girl, I'd put my money on this one probably is about angels.  What do you think?  The background has a church feel to me.  The symbols on the woman's ankles appear to be angel wings, since she levitating, it almost makes me think she may be flying.  I like the simplistic cover font and the white color.  Its also pleasing how the author's name is faded. This cover has made me want to find out more about the book, especially since the title is totally non-related to the comer image.




What do you think? Do you love it or hate it? Does it make you want to read the book more or less than before you saw it?

(Interested in covers? Be sure to check out more Cover Crazy posts by Small Review at her blog or the rest of mine Cover Crazy  posts.)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never come across this cover before and it so so breathtakingly unique!

    It does make me want to read it and I am very curious about the wings on her ankles. Great choice!

    Here's my Cover Crazy!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutie! Reminds me of ancient gods and of Oh.My.Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one, but I hear its cute.

      Delete
  3. I had not seen this cover either - wow, it is definitely intriguing. Thanks for stopping by Page Turners and linking your Cover Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are important to me. Let me hear what you are thinking. I'm a big fan of promoting discussions.

I will try to respond back personally. So check back often.

PS: Unfortunately this an Award Free Blog - Sorry!! (mainly because I haven't the extra time required to deal with them the way I respectfully should).